Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pickin' Blackberries and makin' cobbler




When I was a kid my mom would take us blackberry pickin' around town...we'd find 'the good spots' along fences, by road sides, or at the park. We'd pick until our hands were tinted pink of juice and our bowls were full of fruit. So this weekend my mom and I decided to go pickin' in her secret berry spot she found in my home town. There were a ton of berries, and more to come in the following weeks. We made an awesome cobbler we used to make sometimes, so I've attached some photos and the recipe. enjoy!


Funny Fruit Cobbler:

1 C. Sugar
1 C. flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 C. milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons butter
4 C fruit
(choice seasoning: lemon, nutmeg, or cinnamon- if you like)
preheat oven to 375degrees.
Mix all ingredients, except butter and fruit. Blend well.
Use butter to grease a 2-quart pyrex dish, and pour in batter.
Add fruit, press into batter.
(Season if desired)
Bake at 375degrees for 45 mins!




No comments: