Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow in New Orleans!

Eliot Kamenitz/The Times-Picayune


John McCusker / The Times-Picayune


That's right! It's a rare happening way down here in New Orleans, but early this morning the phones were ringing with excitement to spread the word of snow!! The last time this region saw snow was Christmas day 2004, and before that it was 1989! (I think I've seen a few flurries after that date in Slidell, just outside the city.)

It lasted a couple hours, then turned into sleet/hail. We watched a movie with 3 blankets, hot tea, and a kitty and pup' nuzzled beside us, as the kids shrieked with happiness outside....I'm pretty sure that means they got a 'snow day' from school. What excitement. =]


Outside the apartment, HECK no I wasn't going out there. I got my fill in Cleveland for 6 years.




Dixon playing in the snow, with his awesome outfit my sister made for him during a visit to Baltimore.



Dealing with these snow flurries yourself? Check out my friend avantegarb 's new and wild hats to keep your head toasty this season!

No comments: